SUPPORT OUR LOCAL HOMELESS COMMUNITY
Peg Whisky are excited and proud to be partnering up with a local charity, Simon on the Streets. An independent charity in West Yorkshire covering Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield who help the homeless and most vulnerable.
- 726 people died while sleeping on the streets or in temporary accommodation in 2018
- 4 in 5 homeless people suffer from a mental health problem
- Rough sleepers are 17 times more likely than the general public to experience abuse
- Nearly 1 in 4 females sleeping rough have been sexually abused
- The average age of death was just 44 for men and 42 for women who were homeless between 2013-2017
- Someone sleeping rough is 9 times more likely to commit suicide than a member of the general public
WHAT DO THEY DO?
They provide hope for those without a voice
Simon on the Streets offers practical and emotional support to the homeless community. Building relationships with clients is an important aspect of their work.
THEY DON’T GIVE UP!
The work they do is ongoing, with no time limitations
They recognise that working towards sustainable positive change may be a long and difficult road and that along the way there may be many setbacks. When needed they will continue to work with an individual if they move into accommodation as they may struggle with the transition from homelessness to being a tenant.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT?
Every donation no matter how big or small, will make a huge difference to the homeless community
- Join an event and fundraise with Simon on the Streets at www.simononthestreets.co.uk
- Donate via the Just Giving Page at the bottom of this page
- Purchase our very own Peg Whisky Face Masks for £4. 100% of the donation will go towards Simon on the Streets